What is involved in Systems Operations
Find out what the related areas are that Systems Operations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems Operations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems Operations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems Operations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems Operations related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems Operations, Operations support system, Access network, Business support system, Computer system, Configuration management, Customer service, DSL Forum, Data entry clerk, Digital Equipment Corporation, Fault management, Hardware Information Navigational Tool, ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector, International Organization for Standardization, Loop Maintenance Operations System, Network element, Remote Memory Administration System, Service Evaluation System, Service assurance, Service delivery platform, Service fulfillment, Simple Network Management Protocol, Software applications, Switching Control Center System, TM Forum, Telcordia Technologies, Telecommunications Management Network, Telecommunications service providers, Telephone company, Telephone exchange, Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System:
Systems Operations Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Systems Operations engagements and describe the risks of Systems Operations sustainability.
– For your Systems Operations project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does our organization need more Systems Operations education?
Operations support system Critical Criteria:
Depict Operations support system outcomes and cater for concise Operations support system education.
Access network Critical Criteria:
Check Access network governance and balance specific methods for improving Access network results.
– Is Systems Operations Required?
Business support system Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Business support system outcomes and question.
– Do the Systems Operations decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does Systems Operations analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we go about Securing Systems Operations?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Meet over Computer system outcomes and document what potential Computer system megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– In the case of a Systems Operations project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Systems Operations project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Systems Operations project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– Does Systems Operations analysis show the relationships among important Systems Operations factors?
– How can you measure Systems Operations in a systematic way?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Read up on Configuration management failures and improve Configuration management service perception.
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– Does the provider extend their vulnerability and configuration management process to the virtualization platform?
– Which cloud Service Management process maintains information in the Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Are the design requirements for your facility or program established, documented and maintained?
– Have action plans and specific implementation procedures for your CM Program been developed?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– Can we answer questions like: Are baselines being set at regular points in time?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the appropriate component version specified?
– What software, databases, servers, hardware, etc., are used by this service?
– How do you know that the system will still work after you make a change?
– Have the boundaries for each system and process been established?
– Why implement a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Interdisciplinary review of proposed change complete?
– Have specific documents been identified for each SSC?
– Do we all define Systems Operations in the same way?
– How many reported faults in version t?
– What kind of reports will be prepared?
– Who has a particular software version?
– What is the release cycle?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Probe Customer service decisions and do something to it.
– Do we do this…As you approach the front desk, the Customer Service professional stops what he is doing, makes eye contact with you, offers a warm smile, and asks, hello, how may I help you?
– How long does it take to resolve an issue (e.g., time to receive answer to your question, time to receive permit, etc.)?
– How much more would you be willing to spend with a company that you believe provides excellent Customer Service?
– Ask yourself, what value-added Customer Service can I provide that will end with a big WOW from customers?
– What is your general confidence level of the quality of information Customer Service delivers?
– Do you bypass the system and work around the unhelpful person in order to get the job done?
– Give an example of a time you made a point to go above and beyond with Customer Service?
– So what does all this mean for the role of Customer Service within the organization?
– What are some techniques for effectively providing service to older customers?
– What are the anticipated hours of operation for live Customer Service support?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– How often do you tell other people about your good experience?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– How many Customer Service-related emails do you receive?
– How can verbal feedback affect customer encounters?
– How would you define Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
– Which open-ended questions do we use?
– What really is Customer Service?
– Are staff friendly and helpful?
DSL Forum Critical Criteria:
Generalize DSL Forum strategies and probe DSL Forum strategic alliances.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems Operations project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Systems Operations processes?
– Think of your Systems Operations project. what are the main functions?
Data entry clerk Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Data entry clerk adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Data entry clerk.
– How can you negotiate Systems Operations successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we Identify specific Systems Operations investment and emerging trends?
– What are the usability implications of Systems Operations actions?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Digital Equipment Corporation outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Systems Operations leader?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Systems Operations ?
– What are current Systems Operations Paradigms?
Fault management Critical Criteria:
Understand Fault management tactics and drive action.
– Which Systems Operations goals are the most important?
– How can skill-level changes improve Systems Operations?
– How to Secure Systems Operations?
Hardware Information Navigational Tool Critical Criteria:
Discourse Hardware Information Navigational Tool results and develop and take control of the Hardware Information Navigational Tool initiative.
– Will Systems Operations have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Critical Criteria:
Facilitate ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector visions and create a map for yourself.
– Are accountability and ownership for Systems Operations clearly defined?
– What are the long-term Systems Operations goals?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Distinguish International Organization for Standardization tasks and improve International Organization for Standardization service perception.
– Among the Systems Operations product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Why is Systems Operations important for you now?
Loop Maintenance Operations System Critical Criteria:
Devise Loop Maintenance Operations System failures and revise understanding of Loop Maintenance Operations System architectures.
– When a Systems Operations manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Systems Operations dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the business goals Systems Operations is aiming to achieve?
Network element Critical Criteria:
Grasp Network element tasks and learn.
– How do we Improve Systems Operations service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Comparing Systems Operations approaches/solutions?
– What are internal and external Systems Operations relations?
Remote Memory Administration System Critical Criteria:
Infer Remote Memory Administration System planning and acquire concise Remote Memory Administration System education.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Systems Operations workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– In what ways are Systems Operations vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How is the value delivered by Systems Operations being measured?
Service Evaluation System Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Service Evaluation System risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Service Evaluation System projects.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Systems Operations is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Systems Operations?
– Do we have past Systems Operations Successes?
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Service assurance outcomes and find the ideas you already have.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Does the Systems Operations task fit the clients priorities?
Service delivery platform Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Service delivery platform tasks and plan concise Service delivery platform education.
– Can we add value to the current Systems Operations decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we know that any Systems Operations analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we keep improving Systems Operations?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Service fulfillment engagements and oversee Service fulfillment management by competencies.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Systems Operations process?
– Are there recognized Systems Operations problems?
– How much does Systems Operations help?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Simple Network Management Protocol projects and ask what if.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Systems Operations process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Systems Operations moving forward?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Software applications risks and do something to it.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Systems Operations values?
Switching Control Center System Critical Criteria:
Grasp Switching Control Center System issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Switching Control Center System.
– Have all basic functions of Systems Operations been defined?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about TM Forum governance and find answers.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Systems Operations?
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Face Telcordia Technologies tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Telcordia Technologies.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Systems Operations products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are our Systems Operations Processes?
Telecommunications Management Network Critical Criteria:
Confer re Telecommunications Management Network visions and define Telecommunications Management Network competency-based leadership.
– Is Systems Operations Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Telecommunications service providers Critical Criteria:
Check Telecommunications service providers issues and revise understanding of Telecommunications service providers architectures.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What are the key elements of your Systems Operations performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Merge Telephone company tactics and oversee Telephone company management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Systems Operations project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Will Systems Operations deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How will you measure your Systems Operations effectiveness?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Dissect Telephone exchange tactics and oversee implementation of Telephone exchange.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Systems Operations strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Systems Operations Management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems Operations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems Operations External links:
USAF Command & Control Systems Operations Career Field
Water Systems Operations | Mass.gov
Operations support system External links:
Test Operations Support System | Tollgrade
ACE Cash Express – ACE OPERATIONS SUPPORT SYSTEM
Avaya Support – Products – Operations Support System
Access network External links:
APAN – All Partners Access Network
S.C.A.N. Home – Security Central Access Network
OSF Direct Access Network | OSF HealthCare
Business support system External links:
Build A Business Support System – She Takes on the World
Business Support System – AZ FirstNet
Computer system External links:
How to recover data after Windows computer system restore
computer system Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia
Computer System Designers (CSD)
Configuration management External links:
Syslog Server – Network Configuration Management | Kiwi
Configuration Management | IpX
Customer service External links:
Capital One Customer Service | Contact Us
Customer Service | Progressive
Customer Service Center – Washington Gas eService Center
DSL Forum External links:
[PDF]Testing DSL Forum TR-048 for design engineers – …
[PDF]DSL Forum Technical Report TR-090 Protocol …
Verizon DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Data entry clerk External links:
Data Entry Clerk Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Entry Clerk job description template | Workable
Learn What Data Entry Clerks Do – The Balance
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
GRC’s | Digital Equipment Corporation’s PDP-8
Why did Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) fail? – Quora
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
Fault management External links:
[PDF]FAULT MANAGEMENT HANDBOOK – NASA
Network Fault Management & Monitoring | SolarWinds
Hardware Information Navigational Tool External links:
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – WOW.com
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector External links:
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector
International Organization for Standardization External links:
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Network element External links:
[PDF]Unbundled Network Element Platform (UNE P) …
Modem Always On; and Network Element Dial-out Prevention
Remote Memory Administration System External links:
RMAS means Remote Memory Administration System
Service Evaluation System External links:
Agricultural Information Service Evaluation System
Service assurance External links:
Windstream Wholesale – Wholesale Service Assurance Portal
serviceassurance.net @ Service Assurance
Service Assurance Analyst (PP/SAA/P/CS) – Project People
Service delivery platform External links:
Contact Us | Customer Service Delivery Platform
Service fulfillment External links:
Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
About Us – Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
Simple Network Management Protocol—SNMP—A Quick …
Software applications External links:
STEM Software Applications – WhiteBox Learning
Software Applications | Sharp Applications | MFPs | SHARP
Switching Control Center System External links:
Switching Control Center System – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Switching Control Center System
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum Smart City InFocus
Agenda | TM Forum Digital Transformation ME
TM Forum Frameworx – YouTube
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies Careers | CareerBliss
Telcordia Technologies Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
Telecommunications Management Network External links:
[PDF]Telecommunications Management Network (TMN)
Telecommunications service providers External links:
[PDF]for Telecommunications Service Providers – tax.utah.gov
Telephone company External links:
srcaccess.net – Santa Rosa Telephone Company
Vermont Telephone Company – Vermont Telephone Company
Home – Hart Telephone Company
Telephone exchange External links:
Angel – Telephone Exchange – YouTube
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
The Telephone Exchange (1982) British Telecom Schools …
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System External links:
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System