What is involved in Computing platform
Find out what the related areas are that Computing platform connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computing platform thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computing platform journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computing platform leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computing platform related domains to cover and 135 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computing platform, Runtime library, Mainframe computer, Cocoa Touch, Adobe Shockwave, Software development process, Adobe AIR, Video game console, Java SE, S-100 bus, Java EE, Embedded Linux, ARM architecture, Motorola 68000 family, Tru64 UNIX, Virtual machine, Dr. Dobbs, Microsoft Developer Network, 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Computing platform, Java virtual machine, Commodity computing, Lists of computers, Bare metal, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, Java ME, Microsoft XNA, Firefox OS, Platform virtualization, Oracle Database, JavaFX Mobile, Program code, Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless, Third platform, AmigaOS 4, Web browser, Embedded system, Classic Mac OS, Computer network, Adobe Flash, Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, Cluster computing, Apple Inc., Microsoft Windows:
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Check Computing platform planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Computing platform and constraints.
– Does Computing platform include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are current Computing platform Paradigms?
Runtime library Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Runtime library goals and catalog Runtime library activities.
– How do we know that any Computing platform analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Why should we adopt a Computing platform framework?
– How do we Lead with Computing platform in Mind?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mainframe computer quality and balance specific methods for improving Mainframe computer results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Computing platform processes?
– Do we have past Computing platform Successes?
Cocoa Touch Critical Criteria:
Investigate Cocoa Touch failures and correct better engagement with Cocoa Touch results.
– Can we do Computing platform without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What business benefits will Computing platform goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we go about Comparing Computing platform approaches/solutions?
Adobe Shockwave Critical Criteria:
Mine Adobe Shockwave planning and proactively manage Adobe Shockwave risks.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Computing platform project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Computing platform project lifecycle?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Computing platform values?
– What are all of our Computing platform domains and what do they do?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Check Software development process adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing Software development process.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Computing platform experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– What are the business goals Computing platform is aiming to achieve?
Adobe AIR Critical Criteria:
Analyze Adobe AIR risks and observe effective Adobe AIR.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Computing platform been identified and analyzed?
– Is there any existing Computing platform governance structure?
– How do we manage Computing platform Knowledge Management (KM)?
Video game console Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Video game console governance and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Video game console projects.
– Is the Computing platform organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Are we Assessing Computing platform and Risk?
Java SE Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Java SE quality and assess what counts with Java SE that we are not counting.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Computing platform processes?
– How important is Computing platform to the user organizations mission?
S-100 bus Critical Criteria:
Reason over S-100 bus projects and intervene in S-100 bus processes and leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Computing platform product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Computing platform project?
– How can we improve Computing platform?
Java EE Critical Criteria:
Define Java EE engagements and devise Java EE key steps.
– Does our organization need more Computing platform education?
– How would one define Computing platform leadership?
Embedded Linux Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Embedded Linux adoptions and gather Embedded Linux models .
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Computing platform objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we Identify specific Computing platform investment and emerging trends?
ARM architecture Critical Criteria:
Grasp ARM architecture failures and integrate design thinking in ARM architecture innovation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Computing platform objectives?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Computing platform processes?
Motorola 68000 family Critical Criteria:
Meet over Motorola 68000 family failures and look at it backwards.
– Do those selected for the Computing platform team have a good general understanding of what Computing platform is all about?
– Do the Computing platform decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the long-term Computing platform goals?
Tru64 UNIX Critical Criteria:
Define Tru64 UNIX issues and learn.
– How to Secure Computing platform?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Derive from Virtual machine projects and observe effective Virtual machine.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (vm) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the aws cloud cannot provide?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
– How do we go about Securing Computing platform?
Dr. Dobbs Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Dr. Dobbs projects and find the ideas you already have.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Computing platform workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Computing platform services/products?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Computing platform activities?
Microsoft Developer Network Critical Criteria:
Consider Microsoft Developer Network risks and look in other fields.
3DO Interactive Multiplayer Critical Criteria:
Face 3DO Interactive Multiplayer projects and figure out ways to motivate other 3DO Interactive Multiplayer users.
– Does Computing platform analysis show the relationships among important Computing platform factors?
– Is there a Computing platform Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Computing platform Required?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Grasp Computing platform adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Computing platform.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Computing platform forward?
Java virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Start Java virtual machine tasks and stake your claim.
– How do we measure improved Computing platform service perception, and satisfaction?
Commodity computing Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Commodity computing risks and proactively manage Commodity computing risks.
– What are internal and external Computing platform relations?
– What is Effective Computing platform?
Lists of computers Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Lists of computers planning and integrate design thinking in Lists of computers innovation.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Computing platform. How do we gain traction?
– Think about the functions involved in your Computing platform project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our formula for success in Computing platform ?
Bare metal Critical Criteria:
Infer Bare metal quality and prioritize challenges of Bare metal.
– Who needs to know about Computing platform ?
– How do we keep improving Computing platform?
Windows Mobile Critical Criteria:
Mine Windows Mobile strategies and shift your focus.
– How likely is the current Computing platform plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is a Computing platform Team Work effort in place?
Windows Phone Critical Criteria:
Grade Windows Phone planning and get going.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Computing platform strengthening and reform actually originate?
Java ME Critical Criteria:
Think about Java ME goals and acquire concise Java ME education.
– Can we add value to the current Computing platform decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Microsoft XNA Critical Criteria:
Grade Microsoft XNA strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Microsoft XNA results.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Computing platform? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Which Computing platform goals are the most important?
Firefox OS Critical Criteria:
Examine Firefox OS visions and report on setting up Firefox OS without losing ground.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Computing platform strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Computing platform leader?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Computing platform moving forward?
Platform virtualization Critical Criteria:
Adapt Platform virtualization engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Platform virtualization relationship management.
– How can you negotiate Computing platform successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is Computing platform Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the short and long-term Computing platform goals?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Value Oracle Database outcomes and stake your claim.
– Does Computing platform create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Have all basic functions of Computing platform been defined?
JavaFX Mobile Critical Criteria:
Focus on JavaFX Mobile engagements and grade techniques for implementing JavaFX Mobile controls.
– In what ways are Computing platform vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Program code Critical Criteria:
Study Program code planning and spearhead techniques for implementing Program code.
– Does Computing platform systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless Critical Criteria:
Steer Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless planning and describe which business rules are needed as Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless interface.
Third platform Critical Criteria:
Review Third platform engagements and research ways can we become the Third platform company that would put us out of business.
AmigaOS 4 Critical Criteria:
Nurse AmigaOS 4 issues and maintain AmigaOS 4 for success.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Computing platform?
– Who sets the Computing platform standards?
Web browser Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Web browser engagements and mentor Web browser customer orientation.
– What is the purpose of Computing platform in relation to the mission?
Embedded system Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Embedded system failures and maintain Embedded system for success.
Classic Mac OS Critical Criteria:
Talk about Classic Mac OS results and question.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Computing platform strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Computing platform is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Computing platform?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Computer network leadership and get the big picture.
– Consider your own Computing platform project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Will Computing platform deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Adobe Flash Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Adobe Flash adoptions and mentor Adobe Flash customer orientation.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Computing platform process?
– Will Computing platform have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does Computing platform analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Free On-line Dictionary of Computing leadership and ask questions.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Computing platform does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are there recognized Computing platform problems?
Cluster computing Critical Criteria:
Detail Cluster computing outcomes and oversee Cluster computing requirements.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Computing platform requirements in detail?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Graph Apple Inc. visions and research ways can we become the Apple Inc. company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the people you identified for your Computing platform project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Microsoft Windows adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do Computing platform rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computing platform Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computing platform External links:
Nutanix Xtreme Computing Platform NX-1365-G5 – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
Cognitive Computing Platform – kingland.com
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Cocoa Touch External links:
What is Cocoa Touch? – Quora
cocoa touch – How to measure distance between two …
1. Introduction to Mac OS X and Cocoa Touch – YouTube
Adobe Shockwave External links:
Adobe – Test Adobe Shockwave Player
Adobe ShockWave Player – Download
Adobe Shockwave Player
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Adobe AIR External links:
As Adobe has focused on Flash Player development in the aftermath of the rise of HTML5, it hasn’t ignored its other content-delivery system: Adobe AIR. AIR 3
Adobe AIR & PHP Development – vtc.com
Adobe – Adobe AIR
Video game console External links:
Ataribox Retro Video Game Console & Entertainment …
Java SE External links:
OCA Java SE 7: Inheritance Flashcards | Quizlet
Java SE Development Kit (JDK) Download – softpedia.com
http://www.softpedia.com › … › Debuggers/Decompilers/Disassemblers
S-100 bus External links:
8804 S-100 Bus Plugbord™ | Vector Electronics
S-100 Bus Probe – YouTube
A New S-100 Bus 68000 CPU Board – Google Groups
Java EE External links:
Embedded Linux External links:
Embedded Linux Software Engineer – libertyjobs.com
Embedded Linux (eBook, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Embedded Linux Distributions – eLinux.org
ARM architecture External links:
ARM Architecture Fundamentals video – YouTube
[PDF]The ARM Architecture
Motorola 68000 family External links:
Xenix and the Motorola 68000 family – ScienceDirect
Microprocessors – Motorola 68000 Family – …
Motorola 68000 family – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Motorola 68000 family&item_type=topic
Tru64 UNIX External links:
http://Tru64 UNIX is a 64-bit UNIX operating system for the Alpha instruction set architecture (ISA), currently owned by Hewlett-Packard (HP). Previously, Tru64 UNIX was a product of Compaq, and before that, Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), where it was known as Digital UNIX (formerly DEC OSF/1 AXP).
[PDF]Comparing Tru64 UNIX & HP-UX System Management …
ARCHIVED: What are DEC OSF/1, Digital UNIX, and Tru64 UNIX?
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Licensing FAQ | Microsoft Azure
VMware vCenter Converter: P2V Virtual Machine Converter
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
Dr. Dobbs External links:
M. James Dobbs D.M.D., P.C. – Meet Dr. Dobbs
Dr. Dobbs Announces His Upcoming Retirement – TFSD
Microsoft Developer Network External links:
Learn to Develop with Microsoft Developer Network | MSDN
Microsoft Developer Network Program Info | UMass Lowell
[PDF]Microsoft Developer Network
3DO Interactive Multiplayer External links:
The 3DO Interactive Multiplayer • r/3DO – reddit
How The 3DO Interactive Multiplayer Entered The Red …
Computing platform External links:
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
Nutanix Xtreme Computing Platform NX-1365-G5 – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Java virtual machine External links:
How to Enable Java Virtual Machine | Techwalla.com
GameColony.com – Java Virtual Machine
Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Critical Metrics You Need to Track
Commodity computing External links:
Gigaom | Commodity Computing, Still the King
[PDF]Commodity Computing Clusters at Goddard Space …
Bare metal External links:
SP 11, Bare Metal Power Tool Cleaning
Bare Metal Software > BareGrep – Free grep for Windows
What is bare metal environment? – Definition from …
Windows Mobile External links:
MyMobiler for Windows Mobile – MyMobiler Android …
You cannot synchronize a Windows Mobile-based …
Download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 …
Windows Phone External links:
Windows Phone Apps – Microsoft Store
Java ME External links:
Photos for Java Me Up – Yelp
Microsoft XNA External links:
Microsoft XNA Framework – Download
c# – Can Microsoft XNA run on Windows 10? – Stack Overflow
Download Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable …
Firefox OS External links:
Firefox OS Release Date, Price and Specs – CNET
Firefox OS – TechCrunch
Platform virtualization External links:
[PDF]Software platform virtualization in chemistry …
Oracle Database External links:
FREE download Oracle Database Tables – WinSite
Page Title – Oracle Database
Program code External links:
Example Program Code : Newhaven Display International, …
[PDF]Associate of Science in Nursing Program Code 2127 …
http://www.broward.edu/academics/programs/Program Sheet Library/2127.pdf
[PDF]DWI EDUCATION PROGRAM Code of Criminal …
Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless External links:
Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless), Qualcomm …
Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless | Mobile …
Third platform External links:
Third Platform – Home | Facebook
What Is the Third Platform? Webopedia Definition
AmigaOS 4 External links:
AmigaOS 4.1FE Games Part3 – YouTube
AmigaOS 4.1 FE installation on WinUAE – YouTube
It’s alive!: Ars reviews AmigaOS 4.1 | Ars Technica
Web browser External links:
Norton Healthcare – Unsupported Web Browser
Download Firefox — Free Web Browser – Mozilla
Chrome Web Browser – Google Chrome
Embedded system External links:
Aerial Reconfigurable Embedded System (ARES)
The MicroController and Embedded System Store
Classic Mac OS External links:
Classic Mac OS Downloads and Updates | Low End Mac
Classic Mac OS Finder
Classic Mac OS Wallpapers – WallpaperSafari
Computer network External links:
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Adobe Flash External links:
Adobe Flash Player 11, the browser extension mainly designed to stream Flash video files in your browser, shows a quantum leap in performance over previous
Adobe – Adobe Flash – Downloads
Adobe Flash Player Download
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing External links:
FOLDOC Free On-line Dictionary of Computing · …
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing from FOLDOC
FOLDOC (Free On-line Dictionary of Computing) more info
Cluster computing External links:
Cluster computing (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Cluster Computing PPT | Computer Cluster | Parallel …
Cluster Computing – Springer
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Pre-Market Trading – NASDAQ.com
Apple Inc. (AAPL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site