What is involved in SQL Server
Find out what the related areas are that SQL Server connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SQL Server thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SQL Server 2017 journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SQL Server 2017 leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SQL Server related domains to cover and 14 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SQL Server, Database server, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase SQL Server:
SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Dissect SQL Server tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging SQL Server.
– Does SQL Server include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is maximizing SQL Server protection the same as minimizing SQL Server loss?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– How to deal with SQL Server Changes?
Database server Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Database server planning and research ways can we become the Database server company that would put us out of business.
– When a SQL Server manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have you identified your SQL Server key performance indicators?
– Which SQL Server goals are the most important?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Microsoft SQL Server adoptions and catalog Microsoft SQL Server activities.
– What are the Essentials of Internal SQL Server Management?
– What threat is SQL Server addressing?
Sybase SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Explore Sybase SQL Server planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Sybase SQL Server strategies.
– What are our best practices for minimizing SQL Server project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the SQL Server project lifecycle?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SQL Server services/products?
– How much does SQL Server help?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SQL Server 2017 Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SQL Server External links:
Update Center for Microsoft SQL Server
SQL Server 2016 | Microsoft
SQL Server 2014 build versions – support.microsoft.com
Database server External links:
MySQL Database Server is designed for enterprise organizations delivering business critical database applications. It gives corporate developers, DBAs and ISVs an array of new enterprise features to make more productive developing, deploying, and managing industrial strength applications. If you need a GUI for MySQL Database, you can …
Microsoft SQL Server External links:
Download Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services …