What is involved in continuous operations
Find out what the related areas are that continuous operations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous operations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous operations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous operations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous operations related domains to cover and 38 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous operations, Continuous operation, Copyright status of work by the U.S. government, General Services Administration, MIL-STD-188, Redundancy, Spare part, Telecommunication, Telecommunications circuit, Telecommunications facility:
continuous operations Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to continuous operations quality and tour deciding if continuous operations progress is made.
– How can you negotiate continuous operations successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Does continuous operations appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can skill-level changes improve continuous operations?
Continuous operation Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Continuous operation governance and get answers.
– In what ways are continuous operations vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we Improve continuous operations service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there continuous operations Models?
Copyright status of work by the U.S. government Critical Criteria:
Detail Copyright status of work by the U.S. government visions and finalize specific methods for Copyright status of work by the U.S. government acceptance.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that continuous operations objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we maintain continuous operationss Integrity?
General Services Administration Critical Criteria:
Gauge General Services Administration governance and remodel and develop an effective General Services Administration strategy.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a continuous operations process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the continuous operations process available?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with continuous operations ?
MIL-STD-188 Critical Criteria:
Dissect MIL-STD-188 projects and integrate design thinking in MIL-STD-188 innovation.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these continuous operations processes?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the continuous operations process?
Redundancy Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Redundancy projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Redundancy.
– What is the requirement for support of component-level redundancy (with hot switchover to backup in case of failure) and scalability to accommodate growing enterprise/user base?
– For this application, look at each elemental part, and ask the redundancy/replication/DR question. For example, for the storage, how many replicates are kept?
– Do you consider legacy alternatives (analog systems, manual mode, or conservative operations) to provide redundancy to systems with cyber vulnerabilities?
– Has the reuse of information available elsewhere in the enterprise been considered to avoid redundancy?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the continuous operations requirements in detail?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of continuous operations?
– What are specific continuous operations Rules to follow?
Spare part Critical Criteria:
Group Spare part decisions and document what potential Spare part megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate continuous operations delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do mission and objectives affect the continuous operations processes of our organization?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Scan Telecommunication goals and test out new things.
– what is the best design framework for continuous operations organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– Which customers cant participate in our continuous operations domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– How can you measure continuous operations in a systematic way?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
Telecommunications circuit Critical Criteria:
Adapt Telecommunications circuit risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Telecommunications circuit.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which continuous operations models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once continuous operations is underway?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of continuous operations activities?
Telecommunications facility Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Telecommunications facility projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Telecommunications facility results.
– Does continuous operations include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting continuous operations with what users do day-to-day?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its continuous operations processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous operations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous operations External links:
20 Years of Continuous Operations at Mars | NASA
What is CONTINUOUS OPERATIONS – Black’s Law …
Continuous operation External links:
Panasonic WhisperGreen Continuous Operation …
General Services Administration External links:
General Services Administration Acquisition Manual …
U.S. General Services Administration
GSA – U.S. General Services Administration | OfficeSupply…
Redundancy External links:
Redundancy: your rights – GOV.UK
Redundancy: your rights: Redundancy pay – GOV.UK
When am I Entitled to a Redundancy Payout? | LegalVision
Spare part External links:
Vacuum Pump Replacement and Spare Parts – Precision Plus
Spare Parts for Your Long Tractor | LongParts.com
AAOK – SPARE PARTS for Vintage Big Twin Harley
Telecommunication External links:
ETCZone.com – Enhanced Telecommunications …
DTE, Inc – telecommunication systems, datacom, …
Telecommunication Companies | Southern Idaho | PMT