What is involved in Mobile Field Service Management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile Field Service Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile Field Service Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile Field Service Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile Field Service Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile Field Service Management related domains to cover and 67 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile Field Service Management, Field service management, Computer-assisted dispatch, Field force automation, Gartner, Mobile computing, Mobile enterprise application framework, Route accounting, Service chain optimization, Service management, Strategic service management, Vehicle tracking system, Workforce management:
Mobile Field Service Management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Mobile Field Service Management engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Mobile Field Service Management.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mobile Field Service Management?
– How can you negotiate Mobile Field Service Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How likely is the current Mobile Field Service Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Field service management Critical Criteria:
Devise Field service management risks and maintain Field service management for success.
– The landscape of field service is continuously transforming. to become truly customer focused, field service organizations must take field excellence beyond scheduling technical appointments and closing customer complaints. so how can proactive fsm support this goal?
– Do you take into account the multiple points along the way, that could have been leveraged to increase customer delight?
– Do we monitor the Mobile Field Service Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What competencies should service organizations develop to shift from reactive fsm to proactive fsm?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile Field Service Management opportunities costing us money?
– Do your employees have the tools they need to respond to customer needs effectively and consistently?
– What if extending the services you offer to meet increasing customer needs was profitable?
– Your employees speak different languages. can your business solution handle it?
– What challenges are your customers facing in their field Service Operations?
– Does Mobile Field Service Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Do we know of good field Service Management dispatch software?
– What types of solutions are your customers evaluating?
– What are the best apps for field service management?
– What are some options for field service management?
– When and where does the work need to be done?
– When does the work need to be completed?
– How is this accomplished in practice?
– What if your customer is a machine?
– Why not explore your other option?
– Who needs to provide the work?
Computer-assisted dispatch Critical Criteria:
Mix Computer-assisted dispatch issues and triple focus on important concepts of Computer-assisted dispatch relationship management.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile Field Service Management process?
Field force automation Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Field force automation issues and be persistent.
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile Field Service Management needs?
– How do we manage Mobile Field Service Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What about Mobile Field Service Management Analysis of results?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Test Gartner visions and overcome Gartner skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile Field Service Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the disruptive Mobile Field Service Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Check Mobile computing projects and handle a jump-start course to Mobile computing.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– How will you know that the Mobile Field Service Management project has been successful?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
Mobile enterprise application framework Critical Criteria:
Coach on Mobile enterprise application framework quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Mobile enterprise application framework services.
– When a Mobile Field Service Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mobile Field Service Management activities?
Route accounting Critical Criteria:
Own Route accounting failures and sort Route accounting activities.
– Is the Mobile Field Service Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are current Mobile Field Service Management Paradigms?
– What is our Mobile Field Service Management Strategy?
Service chain optimization Critical Criteria:
Guide Service chain optimization adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other Service chain optimization users.
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile Field Service Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Service management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Service management tasks and handle a jump-start course to Service management.
– In addition, CSPs are often challenged to reduce their overheads and operational costs. Cost reduction initiatives can be difficult to manage and it is essential to target the right areas. Where can costs reasonably be reduced or margins improved without any service disruption or without affecting service levels?
– Are we getting a handle on project initiation-related risks, which is all about are we doing the right things?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Standards – Which ones do we use with Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– What Processes are currently specified and used?
– What is the future of it Service Management?
– How do we know it has worked?
– Does IT get our business?
– Performance supported?
– What is the impact?
– WHAT IS Service Management?
– What is ITIL?
Strategic service management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Strategic service management tasks and get going.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile Field Service Management leader?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mobile Field Service Management activities?
Vehicle tracking system Critical Criteria:
Guard Vehicle tracking system engagements and do something to it.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile Field Service Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we measure improved Mobile Field Service Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the barriers to increased Mobile Field Service Management production?
Workforce management Critical Criteria:
Define Workforce management governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Workforce management skills.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile Field Service Management is underway?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile Field Service Management?
– Is there any existing Mobile Field Service Management governance structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile Field Service Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile Field Service Management External links:
Mobile Field Service Management Tools | Service Fusion
Mobile Field Service Management | Contact DecisionPoint
Pricing | Mobile Field Service Management – FieldServio
Field service management External links:
Franchise Field Service Management Software – …
Field Service Management Software | Miracle Service
Best Field Service Management Software | WORK™ | …
Gartner External links:
Gartner (@Gartner_inc) | Twitter
Gartner – Official Site
Mobile computing External links:
What is Mobile Computing | IGI Global
Mobile computing (Book, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Mobile Computing Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
Mobile enterprise application framework External links:
mika – Mobile Enterprise Application Framework
Mobile Enterprise Application Framework (MEAP) – Mobility
Route accounting External links:
Route Accounting Software | Encompass Technologies
eoStar Route Accounting Software
Service chain optimization External links:
[PDF]2016 North American Service Chain Optimization in …
Service Chain Optimization for Dummies – ClickSoftware
Service Chain Optimization (SCO) Scheme Based on …
Service management External links:
Client Access – Service Management Group
Decisiv Service Management Platform
Cerner – Service Management
Strategic service management External links:
What is strategic service management? Webopedia Definition
A framework for strategic service management – ScienceDirect
Strategic Service Management and Improvement Program – …
Vehicle tracking system External links:
GPS Vehicle Tracking Systems & Devices | GPSTrackit
Quartix UK – GPS Business Vehicle Tracking System UK
GPS Tracking | Vehicle Tracking System | VTS
Workforce management External links:
Staff Scheduling & Workforce Management Software | …
Infor HCM Workforce Management – ETM Login
Online Employee Scheduling and Workforce Management …