What is involved in Digital Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Digital Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digital Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digital Marketing Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digital Marketing Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digital Marketing related domains to cover and 80 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digital Marketing, Affiliate marketing, Consumer privacy, Customer Data Platform, Customer engagement, Digital marketing engineer, Digital marketing system, Digital promotion, Display advertising, Distributed presence, Email marketing, Influencer marketing, Information privacy, Interactive marketing, Mobile marketing, Multimedia Messaging Service, Online advertising, Pay per click, Public relations, Search engine marketing, Search engine optimization, Social Media Marketing, Social media optimization, User intent, Video advertising, Visual marketing:
Digital Marketing Critical Criteria:
Track Digital Marketing quality and budget for Digital Marketing challenges.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Digital Marketing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Digital Marketing move?
– Who sets the Digital Marketing standards?
Affiliate marketing Critical Criteria:
Rank Affiliate marketing engagements and ask questions.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Digital Marketing with what users do day-to-day?
– Do Digital Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Consumer privacy Critical Criteria:
Trace Consumer privacy results and check on ways to get started with Consumer privacy.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Digital Marketing effort?
– Which Digital Marketing goals are the most important?
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Customer Data Platform risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Customer Data Platform is getting what it needs.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Digital Marketing delivery for example is new software needed?
– How important is Digital Marketing to the user organizations mission?
– What are internal and external Digital Marketing relations?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Grade Customer engagement leadership and acquire concise Customer engagement education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Digital Marketing processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our Digital Marketing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– Do we have past Digital Marketing Successes?
Digital marketing engineer Critical Criteria:
Jump start Digital marketing engineer leadership and find answers.
– Is maximizing Digital Marketing protection the same as minimizing Digital Marketing loss?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Digital Marketing project manager?
– How to deal with Digital Marketing Changes?
Digital marketing system Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Digital marketing system planning and display thorough understanding of the Digital marketing system process.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Digital Marketing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Digital promotion Critical Criteria:
Investigate Digital promotion results and correct Digital promotion management by competencies.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Digital Marketing?
– How do we keep improving Digital Marketing?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Think about Display advertising projects and create Display advertising explanations for all managers.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Digital Marketing. How do we gain traction?
– Does Digital Marketing analysis show the relationships among important Digital Marketing factors?
– Have all basic functions of Digital Marketing been defined?
Distributed presence Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Distributed presence issues and explore and align the progress in Distributed presence.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Digital Marketing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Digital Marketing agendas for the next 3 years?
Email marketing Critical Criteria:
Rank Email marketing engagements and be persistent.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are the key elements of your Digital Marketing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
– What business benefits will Digital Marketing goals deliver if achieved?
Influencer marketing Critical Criteria:
Grade Influencer marketing leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Digital Marketing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does Digital Marketing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How will you know that the Digital Marketing project has been successful?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Check Information privacy goals and point out improvements in Information privacy.
– For your Digital Marketing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Digital Marketing activities?
– Is Supporting Digital Marketing documentation required?
Interactive marketing Critical Criteria:
Design Interactive marketing risks and stake your claim.
– Does Digital Marketing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Think about the functions involved in your Digital Marketing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How likely is the current Digital Marketing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How does interactive marketing fit with existing marketing campaigns?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Mobile marketing leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Mobile marketing interface.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Digital Marketing is underway?
– Are there Digital Marketing Models?
– How to Secure Digital Marketing?
Multimedia Messaging Service Critical Criteria:
Guide Multimedia Messaging Service tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Digital Marketing that make it risky?
– Can we do Digital Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Generalize Online advertising management and document what potential Online advertising megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Digital Marketing?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Digital Marketing?
– Why is Digital Marketing important for you now?
Pay per click Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Pay per click results and report on developing an effective Pay per click strategy.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Digital Marketing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Digital Marketing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is our Digital Marketing Strategy?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Examine Public relations leadership and summarize a clear Public relations focus.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Digital Marketing process?
– Do we monitor the Digital Marketing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
Search engine marketing Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Search engine marketing strategies and devise Search engine marketing key steps.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Digital Marketing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are we Assessing Digital Marketing and Risk?
Search engine optimization Critical Criteria:
Graph Search engine optimization results and innovate what needs to be done with Search engine optimization.
– Is Digital Marketing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Improve Digital Marketing service perception, and satisfaction?
Social Media Marketing Critical Criteria:
Scan Social Media Marketing governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Consider your own Digital Marketing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are our needs in relation to Digital Marketing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the usability implications of Digital Marketing actions?
Social media optimization Critical Criteria:
Mine Social media optimization leadership and sort Social media optimization activities.
– How do we go about Comparing Digital Marketing approaches/solutions?
– What is our formula for success in Digital Marketing ?
User intent Critical Criteria:
Differentiate User intent quality and probe the present value of growth of User intent.
– Is Digital Marketing Required?
Video advertising Critical Criteria:
Confer re Video advertising decisions and change contexts.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Digital Marketing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Visual marketing Critical Criteria:
Group Visual marketing visions and figure out ways to motivate other Visual marketing users.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Digital Marketing process?
– How can you measure Digital Marketing in a systematic way?
– Is the scope of Digital Marketing defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digital Marketing Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Digital Marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Seattle – Digital Marketing Conference | April 17-18, 2018
Los Angeles – Digital Marketing Conference | April 10-11, 2018
Affiliate marketing External links:
Affiliate Marketing | Rakuten Marketing
NBC Affiliate Marketing|AFFILIATE MARKETING
LifeLock Affiliate Marketing Program | LifeLock
Consumer privacy External links:
Consumer Privacy Pledge | Privacy Policies | U.S. Bank
U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice from Bank of America
Consumer Privacy Pledge | Privacy Policies | U.S. Bank
Customer Data Platform External links:
Treasure Data – Customer Data Platform
Knowledge Marketing | Customer Data Platform
WTF is a customer data platform? – Digiday
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement & Speech Analytics | CallMiner
Signal – Customer Engagement Marketing | Identity …
Customer Engagement Software – Listen360
Digital marketing engineer External links:
Digital Marketing Engineer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Digital Marketing Engineer – Home | Facebook
Digital Marketing Engineer – Home | Facebook
Digital marketing system External links:
HeatSeeker Sales, Digital Marketing System | Company 119
Digital Marketing System Pvt. Ltd. | Digital Controls
Vizergy Digital Marketing System
Digital promotion External links:
99 Cents for 30 Days Digital Promotion | omaha.com
promooth.com – Digital promotion in smooth, painless way
Marketing, Lead Generation & Digital Promotion by Social Able
Display advertising External links:
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
Best Display Advertising Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Distributed presence External links:
THE DISTRIBUTED PRESENCE BANK MODEL | The Banc …
Distributed presence management in peer-to-peer …
Email marketing External links:
Robly Email Marketing | Get 50% More Opens | OpenGen
ConvertKit | Email Marketing for Online Creators
Mad Mimi Email Marketing – Official Site
Influencer marketing External links:
Influencer Marketing Agency · Glambassador
Influencer Marketing – Tomoson
Influencer Marketing Marketplace | TRIBE
Information privacy External links:
Information Privacy | Citizens Bank
What is Information Privacy? – Definition from Techopedia
Interactive marketing External links:
What is Interactive Marketing and How Can You Benefit
Interactive Marketing Solutions – Customer Sign-In
Mobile marketing External links:
Mobile Marketing Made EZ – EZ Texting
SimplifiedSMS – Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing and …
Short Code Registry – your source for Mobile Marketing
Multimedia Messaging Service External links:
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) is an upgraded version of the SMS (Short Messaging Service) through which users can send …
What is Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)? | S21
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) – Tech-FAQ
Online advertising External links:
Direct Mail Marketing & Online Advertising Agency
Master All Types of Online Advertising Methods – AdSkills…
Pay per click External links:
Top Pay Per Click (PPC) Companies – 2018 Reviews | …
Amazon Pay Per Click Campaigns – Best Practices | Jungle …
Public relations External links:
Ogilvy Public Relations
WE Communications: Digital Communications & Public Relations
Top International PR Firm | J Public Relations
Search engine marketing External links:
Search Engine Marketing Archives – Salesgenie
Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association – MnSearch
Search engine marketing campaigns – DoubleClick
Search engine optimization External links:
What Is Search Engine Optimization in 2018 – SEO 101
Search Engine Optimization Platform | Conductor …
Beginner’s Guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Moz
Social Media Marketing External links:
Socialforming.com – #1 Social Media Marketing Service …
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Social media optimization External links:
Social Media Optimization – Webopedia
Social Media Optimization (SMO) Definition | Investopedia
PPAI Webinars: Social Media Optimization
User intent External links:
How People Search: Understanding User Intent – SEO 101
Video advertising External links:
VideoMyJob | Video Advertising for Your Next Hire
SpotX | Online Video Advertising Platform
Free Ad Maker – Online Video Advertising
Visual marketing External links:
Visual Marketing Services Order Confirmation – VHT
[PDF]Visual Marketing for Main Street – California State Parks
Beautiful Visual Marketing For Brands & Businesses